Get 20M+ Full-Text Papers For Less Than $1.50/day. Start a 14-Day Trial for You or Your Team.

Learn More →

Q: What Can I Do with a Graduate Degree in Adult Education?

Q: What Can I Do with a Graduate Degree in Adult Education? cq: Wbat Can I Do Witb a Graduate Degree in Adult Education? John Boulmeth was more than satisfactory for our purposes. Inevitably all professors of adult education at one time or another The purpose of the survey was to determine have been approached by a pro- the graduates’ types of employment and whether spective graduate student who it was in adult education. The survey also asked the question, “Wh-at exactly can I do with inquired about the graduate’s socio-economic a graduate degree in adult education?” Usually status. (The issue of financial remuneration in the response takes one of two courses. First, there adult education is usually the second most dif- is the Rogerian or Throw It Back At You ficult question graduate students pose to response of “Well, what do pu want to do wilh professors). it?” Second, there is the Creek Oracle or Following is a discussion of the key findings aameleon response of “Well, pu can do any- that emerged after an analysis of all the valid thing you want wilh it!” One of these responses surveys. will work approximately 90 percent of the time. However, it is for the remaining 10 percent that survey Finding: professors http://www.deepdyve.com/assets/images/DeepDyve-Logo-lg.png Adult Learning SAGE

Q: What Can I Do with a Graduate Degree in Adult Education?

Adult Learning , Volume 1 (1): 3 – Sep 1, 1989

Loading next page...
 
/lp/sage/q-what-can-i-do-with-a-graduate-degree-in-adult-education-2RnBzZLaJX
Publisher
SAGE
Copyright
© 1989 American Association for Adult and Continuing Education
ISSN
1045-1595
eISSN
2162-4070
DOI
10.1177/104515958900100109
Publisher site
See Article on Publisher Site

Abstract

cq: Wbat Can I Do Witb a Graduate Degree in Adult Education? John Boulmeth was more than satisfactory for our purposes. Inevitably all professors of adult education at one time or another The purpose of the survey was to determine have been approached by a pro- the graduates’ types of employment and whether spective graduate student who it was in adult education. The survey also asked the question, “Wh-at exactly can I do with inquired about the graduate’s socio-economic a graduate degree in adult education?” Usually status. (The issue of financial remuneration in the response takes one of two courses. First, there adult education is usually the second most dif- is the Rogerian or Throw It Back At You ficult question graduate students pose to response of “Well, what do pu want to do wilh professors). it?” Second, there is the Creek Oracle or Following is a discussion of the key findings aameleon response of “Well, pu can do any- that emerged after an analysis of all the valid thing you want wilh it!” One of these responses surveys. will work approximately 90 percent of the time. However, it is for the remaining 10 percent that survey Finding: professors

Journal

Adult LearningSAGE

Published: Sep 1, 1989

There are no references for this article.