Get 20M+ Full-Text Papers For Less Than $1.50/day. Start a 14-Day Trial for You or Your Team.

Learn More →

Architectural Accessions to the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland 2009

Architectural Accessions to the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of... Veronica Fraser This selective annual summary of architect-related additions to the collections of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) is intended to highlight the availability of key source material as it enters the public domain. This collaboration of the Society and RCAHMS began with Architectural Heritage X, which in turn followed on from the list provided in Rebecca M Bailey’s Scottish Architects’ papers: a source book (Rutland Press, 1996). The arrangement follows that set out in the RCAHMS publication A Guide to the Collections (1991), which describes acquisitions between 1941 and 1991. Further collections of general interest to researchers should also be noted: an archive of material relating to Edinburgh cabinet makers Whytock and Reid comprising designs and photographs from the 1890s to 1980 (Accession Number: 2009/165); NADFAS Records of Church Furnishings for Gordon Chapel, Fochabers, Moray (Accession Number: 2009/161) and East Church, Cromarty, Highland, and Fogo Church, Scottish Borders (Accession Number: 2009/70); a set of NADFAS reports on stained glass windows in churches at risk (Accession Number: 2009/140); Buildings of Scotland research notes for the Perth and Kinross volume (2009/164); material relating to thatched buildings in the Western Isles (Accession Number: http://www.deepdyve.com/assets/images/DeepDyve-Logo-lg.png Architectural Heritage Edinburgh University Press

Architectural Accessions to the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland 2009

Architectural Heritage , Volume 21 (1): 123 – Nov 1, 2010

Loading next page...
 
/lp/edinburgh-university-press/architectural-accessions-to-the-royal-commission-on-the-ancient-and-71dg8CDoNS
Publisher
Edinburgh University Press
Copyright
© The Architectural Heritage Society of Scotland, 2011
Subject
Architectural Accessions to the RCAHMS; Historical Studies
ISSN
1350-7524
eISSN
1755-1641
DOI
10.3366/arch.2011.0012
Publisher site
See Article on Publisher Site

Abstract

Veronica Fraser This selective annual summary of architect-related additions to the collections of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) is intended to highlight the availability of key source material as it enters the public domain. This collaboration of the Society and RCAHMS began with Architectural Heritage X, which in turn followed on from the list provided in Rebecca M Bailey’s Scottish Architects’ papers: a source book (Rutland Press, 1996). The arrangement follows that set out in the RCAHMS publication A Guide to the Collections (1991), which describes acquisitions between 1941 and 1991. Further collections of general interest to researchers should also be noted: an archive of material relating to Edinburgh cabinet makers Whytock and Reid comprising designs and photographs from the 1890s to 1980 (Accession Number: 2009/165); NADFAS Records of Church Furnishings for Gordon Chapel, Fochabers, Moray (Accession Number: 2009/161) and East Church, Cromarty, Highland, and Fogo Church, Scottish Borders (Accession Number: 2009/70); a set of NADFAS reports on stained glass windows in churches at risk (Accession Number: 2009/140); Buildings of Scotland research notes for the Perth and Kinross volume (2009/164); material relating to thatched buildings in the Western Isles (Accession Number:

Journal

Architectural HeritageEdinburgh University Press

Published: Nov 1, 2010

There are no references for this article.