Abstract The following paper depicts the history of Saint Simeon Stylites Uniate Parish in Rachanie since it became known in historical sources until 1811- that is the time it ceased to be an independent church unit. The introduction of the article contains the geographical location of the parish, its size and the position within the hierarchical structure of the Church. Having analysed post-visit inspection protocols left by Chelm Bishops, the appearance as well as fittings and ancillary equipment of the church in Rachanie in that particular period are reported. Moreover, the list of 4 local clergymen is recreated and their benefice is determined. As far as possible, both the number of worshipers and the number of Holy Communion receivers is determined.
Annales UMCS, Historia – de Gruyter
Published: Dec 1, 2012