1 - 10 of 11 articles
1. The spatial distribution of the most important subtidal habitats (coral reefs, coral carpets, seagrass meadows, sand with corals, macroids, mud, hardgrounds) and mangroves was mapped in northern Safaga Bay, Red Sea, Egypt. Coral communities were analysed separately for their ecological and...
1. Micronecta poweri (Insecta: Corixidae) is potentially sensitive to changes in river flow. A field experiment was designed to assess the impact of an inter‐basin water transfer on the distribution and abundance of M. poweri in the receiving River Wear, north‐east England. 2. The transfer...
1. A botanical conservation index, derived from the national and local rarity of aquatic macrophyte species, and also hydrophyte‐species richness, were determined for 57 ponds in East Yorkshire, England. 2. Ponds were selected to represent diverse origins (i.e. ancient moats, village ponds,...
1. The run up to the review of the European Union's (EU's) Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) in 2002 affords a timely opportunity to examine the impact of one lobby—the environmental lobby—on its operations. 2. The conventional view of the CFP is that it is driven primarily by economic objectives,...
1. A population of the freshwater pearl mussel Margaritifera margaritifera L. was found in the River Narcea in the province of Asturias (north‐western Spain). Primary analysis of the population shows that it is well distributed along the river and is particularly abundant in shady river banks...
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Already have an account? Log in
Bookmark this article. You can see your Bookmarks on your DeepDyve Library.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.