1 - 10 of 15 articles
1. A biological inventory is described for Portelet Bay, on the south coast of Jersey in the Channel Islands, which has been selected for the Island's first marine nature reserve. 2. The application of site assessment criteria in justifying the selection of the site is discussed. 3. Conclusions...
1. Temporary waters have been relatively neglected in British nature conservation, due in part to paucity of survey and comparative assessment. Such water bodies hold distinctive and specialized biological communities, and the need for conservation measures at key localities is increasingly...
1. The establishment of Marine Protected Areas in the UK has been an extremely slow process. Two sites have statutory protection and a further nine are voluntary marine conservation areas. 2. There has been a distinctly different approach to site protection depending on whether the initiative is...
1. The topmouth gudgeon Pseudorasbora parva Schlegel, 1842, a south‐east asian cyprinid, was introduced accidentally in the Danube Delta in Romania in the 1960s and has now achieved a pan‐Danubian distribution. P. parva has been introduced into other countries, such as Greece, usually...
1. A visual assessment method, called Discrete Group Censusing, was used to assess and monitor five coral reef fish assemblages in the Key Largo National Marine Sanctuary, Florida, USA. 2. Samples were obtained quarterly from Winter 1988 to Autumn 1990 to investigate a possible relation between...
Read and print from thousands of top scholarly journals.
Already have an account? Log in
Bookmark this article. You can see your Bookmarks on your DeepDyve Library.
To save an article, log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up Log In
To subscribe to email alerts, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.
To get new article updates from a journal on your personalized homepage, please log in first, or sign up for a DeepDyve account if you don’t already have one.